To lead connections with families in the ministry of OPC
Senior Pastor and the Session through the Personnel Commission
Time and Compensation:
Part-time salaried position; 20 hours/week average, pay depends on experience
This position has four general areas of responsibility. Although ministry is different each week, over the course of the year the division of each area is equitable.
- Outreach to children and families (25%)
- Parents’ Night Out (monthly)
- Family Nights (monthly)
- Service Projects (occasional)
- Discipleship of children and families (25%)
- Sunday School, including nursery (weekly)
- Participation in worship (weekly)
- Occasional activities (camp, baptism and communion classes, Bible gifting, etc.)
- Outreach to youth and families (25%)
- Undefined at this time (past have included partnerships with Young Life, HUB360 after school program, local schools or something new?)
- See #1 Outreach to children and families
- Discipleship of youth and families (25%)
- Donuts before/after church (youth class/group)
- Participation in worship with youth
- Other activities/seasonal/occasional duties
- Advent and Lent seasonal programs
- Parenting class
- Vacation Bible School
- Trunk or Treat, Easter Egg Hunt (annually)
- Develop relationships with kids, parents, guardians, grandparents (families).
- Connect families to the people and life of the church.
- Recruit, train and support teachers and all volunteers.
- Insure that there are a sufficient number of leaders for the activities and that OPC policies and procedures are followed
- Be creative to make learning fun and positive, but focused on developing relationships with Christ through Reformed Christian education
- Continual evaluation and assessment of Christian education (curriculum; time on task in the classrooms; creative learning and free play; educational play; class size and grouping; rotation of the teaching staff; children’s knowledge; and safety procedures.)
- Communication through newsletters, social media, personal contacts, etc.
- Administrative duties including: oversee a budget, participate in Family Ministry Commission and attend bi-weekly staff meetings
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Have a positive attitude and be dependable.
- Enjoy interacting with children and youth.
- Exhibits strong organization and communication skills.
- Work well with others.
- Successful completion of a background check.
Interested applicants should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please call 924-9750